Torna a Ospedali Regionali News
Italy, come the new anti-smoking rules
The new rules, which come into force on February 2, include fines for smoking in cars carrying children or pregnant women and those who throw cigarette butts
Fines of 500 Euros for those who lights a cigarette in a car traveling where children or pregnant women and fines of up to € 300 for those who throw cigarette butts, while the tobacconist that sells packages to minors may be subject to license revocation. Entry into force of the decree of the Ministry of Health that includes the European Union directive on tobacco. A bit 'at a time measures will be introduced on trade and consumption of blondes not seen since the law Sirchia. In 2005, he banned by the way smoking in public places.
- introduction on packages of cigarettes, rolling tobacco and pipe tobacco water of "combined warnings" about health: text, color photograph and phone number green against smoking (800,554,088). The warnings will occupy 65% of the front and back of packages and any outside packaging
- ban on additives that make it more "attractive" and "more harmful" the tobacco product (eg, caffeine, vitamins, colorants emissions, as well as additives which facilitate the inhalation or absorption of nicotine and have carcinogenic, mutagenic or toxic)
- abolition of packets of 10 cigarettes and the packs of rolling tobacco containing less than 30 grams of tobacco
- prohibition of promotional items used in the labeling and misleading, as referring to the health benefits or for the lifestyle, to a taste or smell etc.
- ban on the labels information about the content of tar, nicotine and carbon monoxide, deemed to be misleading for consumers who, in comparing multiple products, tend to prefer the one with smaller quantities of these substances, considering it less harmful
- ban on "characterizing flavor" cigarettes and rolling tobacco. "Flavorings characteristic" means: smells or tastes that are distinct, due to an additive or a combination of additives, such as: fruit, spices, herbs etc.
- sales ban cross-border distance (online) consumers of tobacco products, electronic cigarettes and liquid containers charging with the presence of nicotine.
New provisions and obligations in Decree
Were also introduced in the decree such provisions are expressly provided for by the Directive, but strongly supported by the Ministry of Health, as consistent with the objective of ensuring the greatest possible protection for children, including support for the de-normalization of smoking to reduce the 'social acceptance of such behavior.
- banning the sale of tobacco products to minors of new generation
- ban on smoking in cars in the presence of children and pregnant women
- ban smoking in outdoor appliances hospitals and institutions of in-patient care in a scientific nature (IRCCS) pediatric, as well as in outdoor appliances of individual departments pediatric, gynecological, obstetric and neonatology
- tougher penalties for the sale and supply of tobacco products, electronic cigarettes and new generation products to minors
- verification of vending machines, possibly upon installation and periodically anyway, in order to check the correct operation of the automatic detection of the age of the buyer.
Measures relating to electronic cigarettes with nicotine
- ban on sales to persons under 18 years of electronic cigarettes and liquid charging with the presence of nicotine, previously prepared by a decree of the Minister of Health
- introduction of safety requirements for electronic cigarettes and containers of liquid containing nicotine refill, child resistant and tamper, accompanied by a "package insert", containing instructions for use, contraindications, information on possible harmful effects etc.
It is a result that is consistent with the aims of the WHO Framework Convention for the Control of tabaccoapprovata in 2005 and became law in Italy in 2008.